Sunday, December 14, 2008

Party After Party and Christmas Tree Chopping

What a whirlwind it's been around here since Thanksgiving. Last week Emma turned the big 4 and already she's talking about turning 5. Today when I was doing her hair, she wanted to see the back so I put the mirror up to the back of her head and she said "I look like 5". I suppose you look older from the back??? We celebrated Sunday with Emma's birthday party. Her Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and a close friend, Olivia, all came for the celebration. Her theme was "Go Diego Go". She is such the tom-boy. Emma was off from school for her actual birthday and Kevin and I took off too and we went to lunch and the movies to see Bolt. On Emma's day back to school, we took pretzels in to school for her birthday snack.

Last night we enjoyed the Third Annual Christmas Party at Jen and Dan's house. It's always nice to spend time with friends old and new and a special visit from the man in red himself.

We ended the weekend today with Kevin and Emma going to chop down the Christmas tree for this year. I stayed home and finished the Christmas cards and some wrapping. Kevin said that Emma loved every minute of it. The first tree she picked out was about 15 feet tall and the second one was about 2 feet tall, then she found the perfect one. Kevin said she got all into it, looking under the branches to make sure the trunk was straight and that the top has a branch that will hold our Angel. It sure has been a busy couple weeks but memories that will last a lifetime.

3 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a busy weekend!! I think we are all feeling the time crunch right now!!

Emma's party looked like a blast...love the theme she picked out...it is one of Sarah's favorite shows!!

So sorry that we had to miss the festivities at Jen and Dan's....it looked like a blast....what a great group photo!!

Have fun trimming that tree...she picked a good one....she is so cute!!

Take care,

Lisa

Kate said...

So cute!!! And hey...I am going to have pretzels made with a 4 and a 0for my birthday!!! I think the sting will go out of it if I can eat a pretzel as big as my head!!!

I wish I could have seen Emma and Kevin on the Christmas tree hunt...such sweet memories I am sure!!!

Finally...I will have to look at the back of Emma's head to see what 5 looks like!! :-)

Jennifer said...

Emma is too funny. I guess we look older from the back???

We had a GREAT time with all of you Saturday.

Looks like Kevin and Emma picked the perfect tree. I can't wait to see it decorated.

Tell Kevin I said Happy Birthday!

Jen