Tuesday, October 21, 2008

One Fall Day...

.....a whole bunch of us got together to pick apples and pumpkins. I don't think we could have asked for better weather. Some of the children taste tested as we picked. Not sure what everyone else picked but we picked 20lbs. Kevin made 2 apple pies and apple sauce. The pie was delicious with the Pumpkin ice cream that we got at a local ice cream place. Here are some pictures from the day. Can't wait to do it again next year.



5 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

We picked 18lbs this weekend....that is a lot of apples!!

I will have to try the pumpkin ice cream with the apple pie...that sounds delicious!!

The pictures are great....looks like you all had such a good time and the weather was just beautiful that day!

Have a good week!

Lisa

Jennifer said...

Great pictures!! I am so disappointed that I didn't get a picture of Kevin inside the tree. I believe you guys picked 20lbs of apples. Kevin was on a mission!

Jen

Kate said...

Great pictures!!! Love the collages....where did you make them???

Also...I checked with Jim...he said we had 21 lbs. of apples....and this was after I told him to go easy. I sent some to school with Lia, made an apple pie...and the rest continue to languish on my pantry floor.

What a great day we had!!

Super Mommy said...

Sounds like a grand time - what great memories!

Kellyann said...

Love all the pictures. Sorry we missed it. I hope we can do it again next year.