Every year before we adopted Emma, Kevin and I have gone blueberry picking. This year with Emma being three years old, we thought it was time that she experience the piece and quiet (except for the blueberries hitting the bottom of your bucket) that blueberry picking has to offer.
Off we went on July 5. It was a pretty hot day. All I can say is Emma is a pro. She loved every minute of it. From the tractor trailer out to the field to the picking, to the washing of the hands with the old fashioned water pump.
If you ask Emma today how you pick blueberries, she'll say "Pick one off the bush, put it in the bucket, pick one off the bush and eat it, pick one off the bush, put it in the bucket, pick one off the bush and eat it". She did do exactly that.
All in all, we picked 13 pounds in 1.5 hours. Not too shabby!! We probably picked 15 pounds but between what Kevin and Emma ate, we only ended up with 13 pounds.










3 comments:
Laura,
I am so happy that you have decided to blog!! I love it already! The picture of Emma with the blueberries (close up) is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the news with me! I will link you on my blog once you out yourself!!
Rock on sista!!
Sounds like a lot of fun! Where do you guys go to do it?
I agree with Kate,
I LOVE the wonder in her eyes!
Ahh, the innocence of youth.
Post a Comment