
All good things have to come to an end. The artic blast that has hit the Northeast of the country has moved South. Yesterday's high in Sarasota was 65 and today's high was 60. I know, I know, it's still warmer than PA but, it's not great pool weather. Emma and I are both sick but still having a great time with my parents.
Yesterday we visited "Jungle Gardens of Sarasota". About 95% of the animals there are from pet owners that just couldn't care for their pets any longer. They mainly have exotic birds, turtles, spiders and snakes. Some birds can live up to 85 years old. Something I never knew. While at the Gardens, Emma petted a Crocodile, held a bird on her arm and participated in a bird show.
The best part of the day by far was feeding the flamingo's. We were following this path and came across a small pond and it was filled with flamingos, pelicans, ducks and herons. The only other time I can remember seeing flamingo's was in Busch Gardens and they had them fenced off. Here, they walked right up to you. One even pecked at Emma's head.
Here are a few pictures from yesterday. Tomorrow, we may visit Mote Aquarium and make one more trip to the pool. I'll try to post pictures again over the weekend if not, I'll talk to you all next week.
















5 comments:
Gorgeous pictures!
Looks like so much fun...I am a bit (okay A LOT) jealous!
Yeah, yeah...I'd feel for you...but I just can't reach....
Looks like you are having a wonderful time in those frigid Florida temps..... :-)
I love the picture of Emma feeding the flamingo...how great!!!
Safe travels home...not sure when that will be???
What great pictures!! Looks like you are having a terrific time.
Hope you took your winter coats for the plane ride home....you will need them when you land...enjoy the warm weather while you can!!
Safe travels:)
Lisa
What a brave girl. Sorry to hear you guys aren't feeling 100%.
Sounds like you are having a great time!
LOVE the picture of Emma feeding the Flamingo!
Jen
Post a Comment