Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dim Sum and Then Some...

We couldn't have asked for a better day than Sunny skies and 63 degree February weather to celebrate the Chinese New Year with our local adoptive families (Jen, Kate, Kellyann, Deb, Ivy, Jennifer, Kim, Kathy, Gina and Karen, along with all the hubbies) We had a fun filled day of Dim Sum and a Lion Dance parade. We had never had Dim Sum and found it very interesting. The Lion Dance was awesome too.

The store front owners had firecrackers strung outside their stores and whenever the Lion Dancers came upon them, they would dance and then light off the fireworks. They were very loud. Most of the girls would cover their ears as hard as they could.

We then went to a store called Shanghai Express (I think). I felt like I was back in China when we went into this store although the prices were much higher.

We always look forward to spending time with these friends. The girls and Prince Jace too, always have a wonderful time together. We are very fortunate to have them all living close to us. Here are a few pictures from today. ENJOY!!




7 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like you all had so mmuch fun! I just love the group pic of all the kiddos!!!

Kate said...

Dim Sum and Then Some???? Dim Sum and then Some???? Oh. My Word. That is the best title for a blog toast I have ever read. I might have to make up an award for you. Truly. It has made me happy since I saw it this morning. Dim Sum and Then Some....so so classic. Brilliant, Laura.

And your pictures ain't bad either my friend. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Happy Monday!!!

Kate said...

Oh course that should say blog POST...I must be hungry!!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Looks like you had such a great time....I love that shot of all the kids up on the brick wall....they all look so adorable dressed up for the special event! It was the perfect day too:)

Lisa

Jennifer said...

We had a BLAST! Your pictures are great!!!

Jen

Doug and Terrye said...

Looks like a good time was had by all :)

Terrye in FL

Kellyann said...

Good times and great friends. Thanks for including prince Jace who latey has been acting like a prince more and more. Must be the age.