A couple of weeks ago, we took Emma to her first Disney on Ice adventure (The Incredibles). This was an early "Gotcha Day" present. We didn't tell Emma that we were taking her, we kept it a surprise.
She was very patient as we drove to the Arena. Not once did she say "Are we there yet?" I thought for sure in our 20 minute ride she would have said it about 50 times. We went to the Sovereign Arena in Trenton, NJ. It's a smaller arena where every seat is a "good" seat. No nose-bleeding sections.
We parked the car and joined the crowds entering the arena. Once inside, Emma saw all the Disney souvenirs and started getting excited (so I thought). I bent down to her and asked her if she knew where we were and she said real loud NO. I then got all excited and said "Emma, we're gonna see Disney on Ice, aren't you excited, their gonna skate all around and you'll see all the characters". She looked at me all sad and said "I want to go home".
Well, it took some coaxing but after buying a big bucket of popcorn and a twirly Cinderella light up thingy, we were good to go. In the end, she LOVED the show and can't wait for them to come to town again.
The pictures didn't come out great at all but I'll post a few for you to see. On second thought, I won't be posting pictures, I can't find my cord to download them. So, in the meantime, here are a couple pictures of Emma and her cousins from August 2007. Can you tell where they spent the day. We bought season tickets again this year and can't wait to go.
She was very patient as we drove to the Arena. Not once did she say "Are we there yet?" I thought for sure in our 20 minute ride she would have said it about 50 times. We went to the Sovereign Arena in Trenton, NJ. It's a smaller arena where every seat is a "good" seat. No nose-bleeding sections.
We parked the car and joined the crowds entering the arena. Once inside, Emma saw all the Disney souvenirs and started getting excited (so I thought). I bent down to her and asked her if she knew where we were and she said real loud NO. I then got all excited and said "Emma, we're gonna see Disney on Ice, aren't you excited, their gonna skate all around and you'll see all the characters". She looked at me all sad and said "I want to go home".
Well, it took some coaxing but after buying a big bucket of popcorn and a twirly Cinderella light up thingy, we were good to go. In the end, she LOVED the show and can't wait for them to come to town again.
The pictures didn't come out great at all but I'll post a few for you to see. On second thought, I won't be posting pictures, I can't find my cord to download them. So, in the meantime, here are a couple pictures of Emma and her cousins from August 2007. Can you tell where they spent the day. We bought season tickets again this year and can't wait to go.










5 comments:
Preschoolers are funny, aren't they? Taylor does the same thing to us. Something we think she'll totally like she acts like it is no big deal until later on.
I am glad Emma had a good time.
Stinks that you can't post pictures. I'd love to see them.
Classic,
You will be telling that story for years to come, I bet!!! Sounds like a great time...we will really have to do that soon!!!
Sesame...great as always!!!
smooches!!
It sounds like you had a great time.....popcorn and anything princess always works like a charm:)
Cute pics of Emma with her cousins....I cannot wait for summer.....this winter had been pretty brutal!
Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day!
Lisa
I am sure she loved it once she knew what it was all about. Sounds like fun. I definitely have to take Katie next time.
Looking forward to Sesame again this year too.
The pictures are cute!!!
Jen
Hi Laura,
Just trying to catch up and say Hi!
When's the next get together:)) Sesame Place is fine with me if it gets us out of the house!
Love these tee shirts. Kira thinks anything colored red is Elmo.
Ivy
Post a Comment